About Eugene: A self-proclaimed pizza connoisseur and unofficial shampoo model, this generous human regularly grows his hair to donate for wigs that are given to cancer patients 🤩
Having coded between the front and back end of our software, Eugene can appreciate the finer nuances of our platform. He explains why he thinks this feature is worth highlighting:
“It’s like the Swiss Army Knife of tools. It even includes well known Excel functions and exposes system variables cleanly. It really makes data manipulation a lot easier.”
We’ve outlined two examples that can be found within our app catalog to illustrate how it can be used to take your forms to the next level.
Order Entry Form
This form allows users to capture new orders from clients and has used functions to run calculations and modify text.
- The sum function to total up all the line items based on their quantities.
- Concatenate to build up a summary line for an order that includes the product description, quantity and price.
- To finish it off, the sum function totals up the proposed costs.
Detailed Timesheet Form
This is an advanced version of a timesheet form, allowing users to enter multiple time entries to a single job or day.
- It utilizes the concatenate function to put together a string: start date, end date, entry date and entry total.
- It automatically calculates the difference between dates or times on a specific job.
- To finish it off, the sum function totals up the number of hours worked.