How To Use Mobile Forms To Reduce Machine Failure Cost
It’s not worth the production loss though, is it?
That’s why we spend so much on planned maintenance. We don’t want breakdowns at all. Despite our efforts, they do happen. We’ve just got to meet them when they come.
One option is to use paperless mobile forms to decrease the time – and cost – of all future machine failures. Let’s delve in.
Breakdowns Without Mobile Forms
You probably already know how breakdowns go. They’re an absolute pain. And with all the safety red tape surrounding work these days, it can significantly lengthen the time it takes to solve a breakdown.
Which, in turn, dramatically affects breakdown cost.
So, right now, a breakdown probably looks something like this:
- The operator calls for a technician.
- The technician arrives and checks the machine.
- They write up a report which needs to turn into a job card.
- They then take the report to the maintenance planner for that job card.
- The maintenance planner (or whoever writes your job cards) creates it.
- Someone prints out the job card and takes it to safety.
- Safety comes out to inspect the job site and sign off on the safety regulations.
- All the paperwork is put together and signed off on; then the job can begin.
At this point, the production line’s already been at a standstill for half an hour. Longer, if some of the employees got hung up elsewhere.
And if the plant engineer or manager needs to come in, this can only drag the process out. And every second the cost of the failure spirals further out of control.
The good news is, there’s a more efficient way to deal with breakdowns.
Breakdowns With Mobile Forms
Here’s how that process will look with mobile forms in place…
- Operator calls for a technician.
- Technician captures all the info on a mobile form.
- The mobile form is instantly sent to the maintenance manager.
- Once signed, the form autogenerates a job card and sends it directly to safety.
- Safety comes out to do the inspection. They sign off, and the job can begin.
You’ll notice there’s no need for the technician to walk to the maintenance planner. There’s no need for the job card to get printed manually. And there’s no reason to call safety.
It’s a smooth, seamless process, and all the relevant information is captured digitally for easy and secure storage, and future reporting.
The best part of this process?
It’s all done on the employees’ individual devices, so wherever they are – the office or the field – they get the alerts instantly. There’s no need for them to be confined in the office waiting for the breakdown to start.
It’s a more efficient way of doing things, don’t you think? Using these types of mobile forms for business also won’t only improve your breakdown response, but also significantly increase business-wide efficiency.
How To Implement Mobile Forms In Your Business
Firstly, it’s simpler than you think.
With Appenate, the process is as follows.
- Sign up for a free trial here.
- Speak with us about your needs
- We help you build out your forms
- Add your users
- Train the users (If you can use a smartphone you can use the app – it’s that easy)
- Choose the right plan for you and enjoy lower breakdown costs for good
A Lifetime Of Lower Breakdown Costs
As an entirely self-funded company, we’re able to put the needs of our clients first.
Which is why we’re eager to help you lower the cost of all your future breakdowns – and become far more efficient at handling them.
So start your free trial today, and let’s make magic happen.